Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello Hypothermia!

Do you know what seriously sucks? Working with a bunch of menopausal overweight women. They freeze me to freaking death. It is 40 degrees outside. What temperature is it in this meat locker I call a workplace? 67 with the a.c. on! I can't stand it.

Why should I be punished because they have hot flashes? Here I sit, working in my coat. Goosebumps, hands trembling on the keyboard. Crouched low in my chair in front of my computer for warmth.

Why don't they just put ice packs in their armpits so the rest of us can work at a comfortable 70 degrees? It's complete bullshit. I sit right under the air vent and am blasted with freezing air all throughout the day. Do I take this sitting down? No, I retaliate. I turn the damn thermostat up every chance I get.

That's how I pass my day. They turn it down, I turn it up. I just turned it up to 70, and turned the air off. Sat down to write this post, and I'll be damned if the most menopausal bitch here didn't hop right up and turn it back to 67 and turn the air back on. What really makes this total dickery on her part is that SHE DOESN'T EVEN WORK IN MY AREA. That thermostat controls our area. Her office is on the other side of the building. She has her own damn thermostat. She walks through all the rest of the building periodically just turning down the fucking thermostats for when she walks through. Hello! We work at our desks all day, excuse the fuck out of me for not thinking your occasional walk through should be at a icy 67 degrees.

Just a thought, but perhaps if she kept her dick beaters off my thermostat I wouldn't have to waste company time by getting up every 2 minutes to turn it back up. She even asks us (the work in our coats gang) if it is "hot in here or just her". Every time we say it is just her. Does that dissuade her? No ma'am! She fucking turns it down anyway.

If you will excuse me, yet again I need to turn the thermostat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment